• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife,not making the payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topdawg88

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Ex-wife was court ordered to make mobile home payments,its in my name only,I have custody of our daughters,she is always late on the payments by months at a time,destroying my credit,what can I do to stop this.thanks

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Ex-wife was court ordered to make mobile home payments,its in my name only,I have custody of our daughters,she is always late on the payments by months at a time,destroying my credit,what can I do to stop this.thanks
Easiest way to avoid destroying your credit is for you to make the payments, and have your ex-wife make payments to you. Talk to your divorce attorney to see if such an arrangement is possible.

kornball

Or get it moved to her name only with the help of the court system and divorce attorney ... ?

I am assuming you don't live there so why should it be in your name?

topdawg88

During the divorce I was more worried about my gilrs,and didnt think of getting it out of my name,she lives there only,doesn't work now,but some way she pays my child support,she must have help from momma.

kornball

Understandable.

I would talk to a divorce attorney and see what can happen. And do you best to push it in her name.

There is a chance all bad marks off your credit can go away. Happened to my friend and his ex-wife. All bad marks were removed from his credit by the judge.

The girls are safe now and that was a great decision. Now time to see about taking up the tail end of the old home and get it in her name and your credit fixed.

topdawg88

My divorce attorney,says all i can do is if it is reposesed,and for example if 15000.00 is owed on it and the bank turns around and sells it for 10000.00 I can sue the ex-wife for 5000.00,so other words I have to sit back and let her destroy my credit,,when she's the one who cheated and neglected my girls.
I appreciate all of you're help thanks

kornball

If you own it, just sell it :) Tell her you are doing so in whatever means you have to. Then you can nip it at the bud? Offer to sell it to her even.

topdawg88

She quit her job back in the summer,would writing a letter to the judge who handles our case help,or waiste of time

kornball

I am not a laywer just a simple tenant but I don't see how it could hurt. If she quit her job, she can't pay and if she's not paying then the judge might be helpful. I don't see how it could hurt esp if she quit her job and always pays late. If it were me she is seeming to be a month to month tenant and I'd give her legal notice to leave. Then sell the place or do as you wish with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">