• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of an estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wishful

What is the name of your state? NC

I need to find the name of the executor of an estate in Florida. The woman purchased a home from me in NC and died. I am not sure how to proceed. The family has not paid the mortgage to me since January and I need to foreclose. I was told I can't do that without an estate being filed. HELPWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? NC

I need to find the name of the executor of an estate in Florida. The woman purchased a home from me in NC and died. I am not sure how to proceed. The family has not paid the mortgage to me since January and I need to foreclose. I was told I can't do that without an estate being filed. HELPWhat is the name of your state?
You need to check the probate records in the county where the land is located.

In many states, foreclosure proceedings are stalled for awhile in cases where the borrower dies.

I'd suggest you get a lawyer in Florida.

wishful

The property is in NC but the lady died at her mother's house in Florida. I have a lawyer in NC who after 1 month did nothing because he couldn't find an executor. I believe that Hudson Florida is in Pasco County and sent them a letter weeks ago according to their requirements, but have received nothing, not even a no estate message.

nextwife

You don't NEED to have an Executor. I'm presently involved in two foreclosures in which the borrowers are deceased and no family members filed probate OR made mortgage payments. My attorney opened a Special Administration, and served the parties named in the obit AS SURVIVED -BYS. WE ALSO OBTAINED NAMES THROUGH THE FUNERAL HOME. Once the Spec Admin was opened, the appointed sp adminstrator can be served in the FC action. NC may be different, but I'm certain that something can be done in the absence of a probate filing. Are you using a RE or FC attorney or a general practioner? Sounds like your atty was clueless. Use a FC firm.

wishful

My attorney told me to find out how to proceed. He was the trustee attorney named in the sale of the house. I know I need someone else to help me, but what is a "FC" lawyer. Do I need to get one in NC or in FL where the lady died? Thanks for your advice. I need to get this house foreclosed soon.... I'm going broke!

nextwife

My attorney told me to find out how to proceed. He was the trustee attorney named in the sale of the house. I know I need someone else to help me, but what is a "FC" lawyer. Do I need to get one in NC or in FL where the lady died? Thanks for your advice. I need to get this house foreclosed soon.... I'm going broke!
Sorry. I was abbreviating Foreclosure as FC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">