• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor needing deeds of trust for heirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meyerlemon

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was officially named executor a week ago. My parents had two properties. The farmland will go to my stepdad's children, and my parents' homestead in a different county will go to my brother and me. How do I convey the property or change the deeds from my parents' names to the heirs. Also, would the deed state for instance that the farmland will go to John, Betty and Jane in equal shares? Where do I start. What are the customary costs incurred. Do I need a real estate attorney or would I use our probate attorney ... would I get an attorney in each county, or do I hire one in my county for convenience sake to handle both properties in other counties. How long does this process take. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

tranquility

Hire an attorney in the county where the death occurred. It will be expensive, but since you really don't have any idea how to fullfull your role as an executor, it's for the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">