• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ExGirlfriend refuses to vacate Moms inlaw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Olsen5823

She refuses to sign rental agreement. For the past 5 years she has been living in the converted garage at my mothers home. Originally we both moved in and I was paying 750/month for the both of us. I was told to leave over 3 years ago, she insisted she was liable for350/month. to prevent problems, I have been giving my mother 400/month, not for rent but to cover loss. On numerous occaisions, We have offered her, the amount needed to cover 1st months rent and deposit if she would find another dwelling. She refuses. Now my sister has offered to pay 950/month for this unit. Again she has paid 350/month----minus(-) electicity, gas water, garbage etc.-- Much more, no space

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olsen5823:
She refuses to sign rental agreement. For the past 5 years she has been living in the converted garage at my mothers home. Originally we both moved in and I was paying 750/month for the both of us. I was told to leave over 3 years ago, she insisted she was liable for350/month. to prevent problems, I have been giving my mother 400/month, not for rent but to cover loss. On numerous occaisions, We have offered her, the amount needed to cover 1st months rent and deposit if she would find another dwelling. She refuses. Now my sister has offered to pay 950/month for this unit. Again she has paid 350/month----minus(-) electicity, gas water, garbage etc.-- Much more, no space<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is your question? If the question is how to get rid of her, hire an attorney to serve her with a m/m lease cancellation notice. IF she refuses to move, the attorney can file for eviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">