• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Face my accusers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littleoldlady

Someone has reported me to the HOA. I have not been parking my car in the garage because I have too much "stuff" stored in my garage. I asked for the names of those who complained. The HOA association has refused to give me those names. Don't I have a legal right to "face my accusers"?

P

peter

HEY wadda you need all that stuff for if you are a little old lady, have a garage sale, then it will be empty just a perfect little hiding place for a CAR!..

===============

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by littleoldlady:
Someone has reported me to the HOA. I have not been parking my car in the garage because I have too much "stuff" stored in my garage. I asked for the names of those who complained. The HOA association has refused to give me those names. Don't I have a legal right to "face my accusers"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L

littleoldlady

Cute answer,Peter, but having moved from a big house to a small one is hard enough without getting rid of all my "stuff". I have been busy selling things on E-Bay but the HOA wants things done NOW. I would like to know what my "Legal" rights are. I thought the law says I have a right to "Face my accusers". Then perhaps I could explain to them that i am trying.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by littleoldlady:
Someone has reported me to the HOA. I have not been parking my car in the garage because I have too much "stuff" stored in my garage. I asked for the names of those who complained. The HOA association has refused to give me those names. Don't I have a legal right to "face my accusers"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do have this legal right and in this case your accuser is the HOA. You have rules under the HOA that must be followed. Time for a garage sale? Oh sorry, maybe garage sales are prohibited by the HOA.

Want to face your real accuser? Post a sign in a consipcuous place.
WANTED FOR DUEL: You who turned in little old lady with stuff in garage. Meet me in front of the HOA Saloon at sundown. Bring weapon of choice. No pee-shooters. Last one standing wins.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 13, 2000).]

R

roesler

Sigh. We are in a HOA and sometimes have difficult neighbors as well. I suggest you pray for their petty, spiteful souls and in the meantime rent a storage space someplace else, and move all your stuff into it, to keep the neighborhood peace. It will probably be cheaper in the long run than getting a HOA fine. It will certainly be less aggravating and stressful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">