• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family estate problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rebich

my mother dyed 4 years ago us three kids was given propety and house my neice moved in day of furnaral didnt want it empty well she moved in a new husband his kids her daughter and x mother in law from another marrage didnt ask me anything free all this time can i get my share of rent current value for time she has lived there also her new husband has had karate classes without asking me anything i found out for past 4 years no insurance or business licence so im respnsable for this what can i do need help being taken advantage by brother and his daughter that lives in the house help me please westvirginia

[This message has been edited by rebich (edited July 24, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rebich:
my mother dyed 4 years ago us three kids was given propety and house my neice moved in day of furnaral didnt want it empty well she moved in a new husband his kids her daughter and x mother in law from another marrage didnt ask me anything free all this time can i get my share of rent current value for time she has lived there also her new husband has had karate classes without asking me anything i found out for past 4 years no insurance or business licence so im respnsable for this what can i do need help being taken advantage by brother and his daughter that lives in the house help me please westvirginia

[This message has been edited by rebich (edited July 24, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, find out who has title to the property and from what vehicle. Next hire a real estate attorney to send a letter to these relatives demanding that they pay you your fair share of the market rental income ( 1/3 of rental income for 4 years less prorated expenses of insurance, real property taxes etc.) and provide proof of homeowners insurance and applicable licenses and insurance for the home businesess run out of the home. If they fail to do abide by your demands, have the attorney threaten to file a complaint to appoint a rental management company to manage the property. Want more ammo? Have the attorney threaten to file for a partition sale so that you can get your share of the home in cash and not have to deal with these freeloading relatives.

R

rebich

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
First, find out who has title to the property and from what vehicle. Next hire a real estate attorney to send a letter to these relatives demanding that they pay you your fair share of the market rental income ( 1/3 of rental income for 4 years less prorated expenses of insurance, real property taxes etc.) and provide proof of homeowners insurance and applicable licenses and insurance for the home businesess run out of the home. If they fail to do abide by your demands, have the attorney threaten to file a complaint to appoint a rental management company to manage the property. Want more ammo? Have the attorney threaten to file for a partition sale so that you can get your share of the home in cash and not have to deal with these freeloading relatives. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">