• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Matters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathyzoni

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
In 2000, my sister and I purchased a home in AZ. After 5 years of living together, it was difficult at best and our Mother and I moved out and I purchased another home. My sister still lives in the original residence, she does not pay me 1/2 of any monthly rent which is due me and I am anxious to terminate the agreement and have her buy me out. I have no contact with her, but she is living in a home that is completely paid for.

What would be my options to terminate the present agreement, have her buy me out and recoup any and all monies that would be due me to date?

FlyingRon

Absent some contract what makes you think you are due any rent?
Is there a mortgage?
You can give up ownership easy enough, getting out of the mortgage is more difficult.

LindaP777

she is living in a home that is completely paid for.
What would be my options to terminate the present agreement, have her buy me out and recoup any and all monies that would be due me to date?
Partition lawsuit. It takes a lot of time and lots of money. The judge will order that the house sold and equity split. See a real estate lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">