• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fences/boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seatraylor

I live in Washington state in a subdivision in an uincorporated area of Snohomish County. My neighbor is erecting a fence between our properties, and has followed the property line with 2 exceptions. 1) The county road right of way actually sets back about 20 ft onto the landscaping of our 2 yards. For the 20 ft section at the front of our properties she has jogged the fence 6 ft over onto my side of the property line.
2) At the opposite end of the fence she has removed a surveyor stake.

1) Is there a fine for removing a surveyor stake?

2) Do I have legal recourse concerning the portion of the fence which is being erected on county right of way on my side of the property line?

3) Would I be in the wrong remove the section of her fence which extends onto my side of county property?

HomeGuru

Call the police about the stake removal. If the fence is on your property (not the county property), it is your fence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">