• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling out Affidavit of death of joint tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdavisjob

What is the name of your state? California, Kern County

I've been advised to go to my county recorder with an affidavit of death of joint tenant and death certificate of my spouse for my home. I have the form but the recorder's office won't assist in filling it out properly.

1) This statement: That _______ the decendent mentioned in the attached certified copy of certificate of death is the same person as _______ (MAKES SENSE UP TO THIS POINT - THEN) . . . named as one of the parties in that certain _____________ dated ___________ (what info goes in these two blanks?)

2) Is notarized signature required?

Any help you can provide is appreciated - Thank you

seniorjudge

pdavisjob said:
What is the name of your state? California, Kern County

I've been advised to go to my county recorder with an affidavit of death of joint tenant and death certificate of my spouse for my home. I have the form but the recorder's office won't assist in filling it out properly.

1) This statement: That _______ the decendent mentioned in the attached certified copy of certificate of death is the same person as _______ (MAKES SENSE UP TO THIS POINT - THEN) . . . named as one of the parties in that certain _____________ dated ___________ (what info goes in these two blanks?)

2) Is notarized signature required?

Any help you can provide is appreciated - Thank you
That [name of dead person], the decendent mentioned in the attached certified copy of certificate of death is the same person as [name of dead person EXACTLY as it is on the deed] named as one of the parties in that certain [kind of deed: grant deed, warranty deed, whatever] dated [date the deed was signed].

Your signature (as the maker of the affidavit) should be notarized; the death certificate should be recorded; and the legal description of the land should be attached.

nextwife

Additionally, SOME RODs offices also need a copy of the tax bill (to establish the assessed value) from the year of death, as well as a fee (in our state it's $45)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">