• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filling out a quitclaim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hikinghal

I live in Atlanta Georgia, in Dekalb County. I have recently paid off my house, and received a copy of my deed from the financial institution I held my loan with. My problem is that I had assumed my loan, and the property is now listed in the name of the person who origionally purchased the loan. I was told to fill out a quitclaim deed form and return it to the county where I reside, but I am unclear as to how to properly fill out the form. For instance, is the first party, Grantor, the mortgage company, or someone else, and what do I do about getting signatures of the first party if that is the case. Thanks for any help you can give me in filling this form out.

Hal

HomeGuru

Hikinghal said:
I live in Atlanta Georgia, in Dekalb County. I have recently paid off my house, and received a copy of my deed from the financial institution I held my loan with. My problem is that I had assumed my loan, and the property is now listed in the name of the person who origionally purchased the loan. I was told to fill out a quitclaim deed form and return it to the county where I reside, but I am unclear as to how to properly fill out the form. For instance, is the first party, Grantor, the mortgage company, or someone else, and what do I do about getting signatures of the first party if that is the case. Thanks for any help you can give me in filling this form out.

Hal
**A: something does not sound right here. If you assumed the mortgage then the property should already be in your name.
Have an attorney review your documentation right away.

C

cclovins

The loan company is not who you to release the property is't the person who has his name on the deed. Have this person sign the Quit claim deed to you. I live in Atlanta also and if you need a copy I pulled from another site E-mail me at [email protected] for a copy.:D

HomeGuru

cclovins said:
The loan company is not who you to release the property is't the person who has his name on the deed.
**A: huh? What are you saiyng here?

Have this person sign the Quit claim deed to you. I live in Atlanta also and if you need a copy I pulled from another site E-mail me at [email protected] for a copy.:D

C

cclovins

The loan company is not the person to sign the QUIT CLAIM DEED. They have already released it. The person to sign the QUIT CLAIM is the person who's name is on the deed(the first buyer) This person should be the one to release the deed to the new owner.

HomeGuru

cclovins said:
The loan company is not the person to sign the QUIT CLAIM DEED.
***A: the loan company is not a person. In any case, you are correct in that the loan company is not the right party to sign such a deed.

They have already released it.
**A: the loan company should have never been on the deed in the first place so there is nothing to sign.
The mortgage is recorded on title and is an encumbrance on the property.
The mortgage is a totally separate instrument from the deed. The mortgage/note is between the mortgage lender and the borrower. The deed is between the Seller (Grantor) and the Buyer (Grantee).

The person to sign the QUIT CLAIM is the person who's name is on the deed(the first buyer) This person should be the one to release the deed to the new owner.
**A: correct but the person may not in fact be the first buyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">