• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding Mortgage Holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avecmoi104

What is the name of your state? California

How do I find out who the Mortgage holder is on a piece of property? I know who the owner is however, they do not reside at the property and I don't know how to find them. There is no one living at the property either the only person that comes around is a gardner. I was the under the impression this information is public knowledge however, I've been unable to locate it. The county that the property is in does not list this information on its website and the only way to get it

The only information that I've been able to obtain so far is the Name of the owner, when it was purchased, the taxes, etc...

HomeGuru

avecmoi104 said:
What is the name of your state? California

How do I find out who the Mortgage holder is on a piece of property? I know who the owner is however, they do not reside at the property and I don't know how to find them. There is no one living at the property either the only person that comes around is a gardner. I was the under the impression this information is public knowledge however, I've been unable to locate it. The county that the property is in does not list this information on its website and the only way to get it

The only information that I've been able to obtain so far is the Name of the owner, when it was purchased, the taxes, etc...
**A: search the title information and look for the recorded mortgage. Then read the mortgage document and it will state the name of the mortgage lender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">