• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Lender returned 2pmts proc.with forclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UPHILL BATTLE

Ran into some financial hardships a few months ago. Got a couple payments behind on mortgage. Made 2 pmts. at a bank that accepted mtg.companys pmts. The mtg. company mailed back a check for the amount of the two payments stating that it was not the full amount due. The third payments grace period wasnt until the 16th and it was only the first. Had more financial troubles and ended up robbing Peter to pay Paul (electric,phone,etc.) Now facing foreclosure. I cant find anywhere in my mortgage where it states that they can refuse payments. Someone told me that in Florida if a lender refuses to accept a payment then the loan is considered null and void. Is there such a law? Any suggestions on how to stop foreclosure?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UPHILL BATTLE:
Ran into some financial hardships a few months ago. Got a couple payments behind on mortgage. Made 2 pmts. at a bank that accepted mtg.companys pmts. The mtg. company mailed back a check for the amount of the two payments stating that it was not the full amount due. The third payments grace period wasnt until the 16th and it was only the first. Had more financial troubles and ended up robbing Peter to pay Paul (electric,phone,etc.) Now facing foreclosure. I cant find anywhere in my mortgage where it states that they can refuse payments. Someone told me that in Florida if a lender refuses to accept a payment then the loan is considered null and void. Is there such a law? Any suggestions on how to stop foreclosure?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read your mortgage doc and prom note. The lender has a right to demand the total and full payment to keep the loan current. Stop foreclosure by paying the total amount due or by filing BK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">