• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL: Rent withhold/hot water issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JAB66

I posted this earlier, but failed to post that my apartment is in Florida. I HAVE gone over in great detail the State laws, but they are somewhat ambiguous on some points, and give no mention on how to pay monies into an court escrow account. Problem is as follows:

Paid August rent. First or second week, water heater breaks. Maintenance man contacted, work begins. Wiring problems; entire kitchen torn out. Written description of problem delivered to landlord 9/1 in lieu of rent. No rent paid in Sept. Repair was completed approx Sept. 18. Out of apartment for approx. 5-6 weeks. October rent paid.

Landlord seeeks to collect approx. 16 days of Sept. rent. Negotiations not going well. Feel best option to pay disputed money into State escrow. Believe I must do it, or at least contact the State, today. Not sure what to do.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAB66:
I posted this earlier, but failed to post that my apartment is in Florida. I HAVE gone over in great detail the State laws, but they are somewhat ambiguous on some points, and give no mention on how to pay monies into an court escrow account. Problem is as follows:

Paid August rent. First or second week, water heater breaks. Maintenance man contacted, work begins. Wiring problems; entire kitchen torn out. Written description of problem delivered to landlord 9/1 in lieu of rent. No rent paid in Sept. Repair was completed approx Sept. 18. Out of apartment for approx. 5-6 weeks. October rent paid.

Landlord seeeks to collect approx. 16 days of Sept. rent. Negotiations not going well. Feel best option to pay disputed money into State escrow. Believe I must do it, or at least contact the State, today. Not sure what to do.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact the State Court directly and ask the procedure for holding L/T rent money in a dispute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">