• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flooded closet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kanabel

The A/C in my apartment broke and flooded my bedroom closet. I informed my landlord about the problem but they have not done anything about it. It has now been a month and a half and the carpet is completely mildewed. I actually had mushrooms growing in my closet at one point. What can I do to get them to take of this? And why am I still responsible for full payment of rent if they are not responsible for their repairs.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kanabel:
The A/C in my apartment broke and flooded my bedroom closet. I informed my landlord about the problem but they have not done anything about it. It has now been a month and a half and the carpet is completely mildewed. I actually had mushrooms growing in my closet at one point. What can I do to get them to take of this? And why am I still responsible for full payment of rent if they are not responsible for their repairs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at the top of this page. Do you read any words in red?

In general, you must notify L in writing to rectify the problems (carpet cleaning and ac repair). If L did not repsond you have a duty to mitigate damages by hiring a carpet extraction/cleaning company to remove the water. You can deduct the cost from your rental payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">