• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flooding on my rented property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rajhacat

I'm curious? My boyfriend owns a mobile home in Cook County Illinois, but the city he is in is unincorportated. When he purchased his home there was no talk of, nor was there any paperwork shown or signed stating that he was placed on the lowest part of the park. When it rains, water floods the property he is on. He literally has to roll his pants to his knees to get to his vehicle. Is there anything we can do legally to resolve this problem with the park owners or with the county?

[This message has been edited by Rajhacat (edited July 24, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rajhacat:
I'm curious? My boyfriend owns a mobile home in Cook County Illinois, but the city he is in is unincorportated. When he purchased his home there was no talk of nor was there any paperwork shown or signed stating that he was placed on the lowest part of the park. When it rains, water floods the property he is on. He literally has to roll his pants to his knees to get to his vehicle. Is there anything we can do legally to resolve this problem with the park owners or with the county? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The property owner is at least responsible and maybe even the government for inadequate drainage. He needs to send a certified letter to the owners stating the history and requesting that the condition be rectified.

T

Tracey

The IL mobile home LT act is in Chapter 765, sec. 745. No mobile home L may rent a lot that doesn't conform to the municipal, county, or state sanitation, housing & health codes. File complaints with all 3 departments about the flooding. The publc health dept has a pamphlet on mobile home LT rights & responsibilities. L is required to give your bf a copy within 60 days & to have copies available.

He may be able to cancel the lease if he's been there for less than 30 days.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">