• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida HOA and County owned roads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ericfebs

What is the name of your state? Florida

Looks my post from yesterday was deleted. In any event, my question is what authority does my HOA have on roads which are now publicly, or county owned? Restrictions say that parking on street is disallowed--but the roads are no longer maintained by the HOA. I know that they don't have the authority to tow vehicles, change speed limits, add street signs, etc.

My HOA tells me I can't even keep my boat on my property for a few hours to clean and prep before going fishing, but the county says it's legal to park on the street. So, could I then potentially park my boat on the street to avoid scrutiny from the HOA? Further, am I bound by the HOA bylaws for activities other than what happens on my OWN property, or common property controlled by the HOA? What if I parked the boat at my neighbor's vacated house? Is he responsible, or me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">