• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced partition of sale?????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gdguySteven

What is the name of your state? California

question : this question pertains to tenancy in common.
i am involved in a tenacy in common arrangement of some real property with two other persons. each person has a percentage interest in this
property. i own 32%, one other owns 43%, and the thrid person owns 25% interest in this
property. my main question is this...can this thrid person only having 25% (and being like
the minority owner)force us to sell for his fair market value of this property???? under
what circumstances, if any, can he force a sell to cash out??? me and and my other partner are living and plan on living in the house as your home!!!!!!
we refuse to want to sell this property right now. what are our rights to prevent him from forcing a sell??? again, i have 32% and my second partner has 43% interest in this
property. so, we are majority owners and whatever we say goes??? right? simply this, can this minority partner of ours force a sell of this property to get his money?? also, could we not force a buyout from him and force him out as a partner at our asking price?? because we would be majority owners with a combined percentage in this property being 32 + 43 = 75%) thus being a clear majority owners with our percentages combined. my feeling is
this.. he would not be enpowered to force a sell of this property because he is a minority
owner and we live in the home. any of yours answers would be very much appreciated. thank you! Steven

remember: me and my second partner are majority owners in this property. i wanted to make this point clear! Any, or all answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

seniorjudge

Any of y'all can sell what interest you have.

Buy the third guy out.

If he does not want to sell, then a court will order the place sold on the courthouse steps.

You can bid at the auction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">