• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forclosure sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longgon

our house was sold at auction after a postponment.my question is were we to be notified of new sale date? we were not .the home is in az . ajunior lien holder was not notified either.
they just had the sale only one party was there they bought it. was this legal?
help longgon:confused:

tigger22472

Better watch it and CHECK everything. Some friends of mine are in a mess like this too. My friend father bought a house over 30 yrs ago. He passed away in 1979, at which time the mother added her two sons' names to the deed. In 1998 she applied for a loan to refinace to add a garage. In order to do so her sons signed off on the deed and the bank said the tax deed came through free and clear. In 1999 they received a letter from a new mortgage company saying they were taking over the mortgage and my friends(he and his family live in the house with his mother) were to pay them. A year later they called this mortgage co. to ask about a refinance and was told (the mortgage co) didn't own the house and neither did my friend and his family. After much searching they NEVER could find out who owned the house. They are in the process of moving now for they knew anyday they could receive something. Well sure enough 2 days ago they did. In this letter the orginal mortgage co says they haven't paid them since 1999(they paid the other for a year) and also had a letter attached saying the house was sold by auction in 1997. This is even before the loan they took out in 1998. They were never made aware of anything and if they wouldn't of called in 2000 they would never know even an inkling of ANY of it. The mortgage company has now sent them a notice of ejection. So I guess the answer is no they don't have to contact you. I hope you dont' end up like my friends... it's a mess beyond belief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">