• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosed MH on my land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna32669

To keep this simple, I filed Chapter 7 in 1999 and my 1998
mobilehome was to have been re-affirmed. However, no re-affirmation was filed by the mortgage co., and my attorney has informed me the MH debt was discharged. I contacted the mortgage co. and they were aware of this and said they will now
foreclose, file a writ and I will pay all legal/other expenses. Is that
correct? The mortgage rep. I spoke to said I was to vacate, but
this is on MY property (land was not included in the mortgage). It
will be dificult to put another home on my property until they move this one, so I have to rent until they do. I did tell them I do not want this home and go ahead with their foreclosure. They won't or can't tell me when the home will be removed. but did tell me that a deputy will be out "at an unexpected/inconvenient" time to evict me and padlock my door. That will be bad enough to deal with. My other question I guess is, how long do I have to wait for them to remove it? I don't feel good about this, bankruptcy etc. but it's done. Now I want to move on and am relieved because I could not keep the payments timely. Any advice? What if they padlock my personal property, pet etc. while I am at work? What, if any protection or rights do I have?
Just a note, I've been making payments until now, and did not
know it had been discharged due to their not filing the notice
with the Court to re-affirm this. Apparently this is their decision,
I can't figure out why they wouldn't file one, but I guess that is
not my concern right now. Thanks for any guidance you can
offer.

Consult with an attorney and start packing. You know what's coming down the pike, so be active and take control. Place your possessions in a safe place, even if it's in short term storage. Do what you can so when someone shows up with a court order and a padlock you won't need a crisis management team.

In a lot of repo/foreclosures, the trailer gets moved when the finance company finds a buyer. Most of the finance cos. do not want the expense of moving a trailer so they will open it up for bids and the 'winner' gets to pay for the move. There's no way to predict how long this can take. One thing is for sure, a vacant trailer is alot easier to sell than one that is in legal limbo or occupied pending eviction.

Good luck.

D

Donna32669

Foreclosed MH on my property

Thanks for your input, and I have already started looking for an
apartment. Do you know how long they can tie me up by leaving
the trailer on my property? It's even harder to sell land as a
prospective building site, when there's a vacant trailer in limbo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">