• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathym

What is the name of your state? NY
I received a letter from my mortgage company's atty stating that my house is about to be foreclosed, and if I want to continue to live in the house to fill out attachement 1 and submit it to Hud. The letter also stated that Hud would like the property vacate . Attachement 1 said Hud would charge me fair market vaule for rent and I would have to pay security, if they would consider allowing me to stay. Also that I had only 20 days to submit my request to Hud.

I had a Chapter 13 bankrupcty that was discharged because the payments I could not keep up with.

Can I sell the property to my parents for what I owe the bank. My parents would then allow me to pay them back each month. I believe my parents would get a mortgage they would not be paying cash.

Can I file paper to stop the action because the bank never responsed to my request for a work out program. I owe the bank about $50,000 the house is work $160,000.

HomeGuru

cathym said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I received a letter from my mortgage company's atty stating that my house is about to be foreclosed, and if I want to continue to live in the house to fill out attachement 1 and submit it to Hud. The letter also stated that Hud would like the property vacate . Attachement 1 said Hud would charge me fair market vaule for rent and I would have to pay security, if they would consider allowing me to stay. Also that I had only 20 days to submit my request to Hud.

I had a Chapter 13 bankrupcty that was discharged because the payments I could not keep up with.

Can I sell the property to my parents for what I owe the bank. My parents would then allow me to pay them back each month. I believe my parents would get a mortgage they would not be paying cash.

Can I file paper to stop the action because the bank never responsed to my request for a work out program. I owe the bank about $50,000 the house is work $160,000.
**A: why are you posting again when I told you to contact HUD like yesterday.
Have your parents contact the lender and apply to assume the loan (if the lender approves). Also have them apply with a mortgage broker to close fast prior to foreclosure action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">