• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure bluff (okla)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curtisd

if the mortgage co.treatens foreclosure would it be wise to tell them that the previous owner had done a good job of concealing alot of damage and left asbestos in the attic? would they be more inclined to negotiate?

C

chamacao

The legal and etical way.
Don't do it. Talk to them... and try to convince them that you will try to make up the arrears in the mortgage and to give you a chance and work with you.

IF that fails; (which probably will)
Bankruptcy chapter 13
:eek:

HomeGuru

curtisd said:
if the mortgage co.treatens foreclosure would it be wise to tell them that the previous owner had done a good job of concealing alot of damage and left asbestos in the attic? would they be more inclined to negotiate?
My response: you may have a valid point but only if you used the money that you would have used to pay for the mortgage, to pay for emergency action ie. correction of conditions causing health and safety problems ie. repair of electrical problems, structural problems, environmental concerns such as asbestos.......

C

curtisd

HomeGuru-your my hero,thats why i'm trying to hang on-just
started to look decent-not to mention the B S and T's

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">