• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hc24fab

State of Florida

My husband and I had our home foreclosed on in 1996- the loan was originally a FHA loan. We did refinance with Norwest Mtg into another FHA loan (according to closing paperwork).
We were told that due to the fact that the loan was a FHA, that the mortgage insurance should have covered any deficiency. Does this sound correct? We were never notified of any deficiency owed, yet our credit report reflects this. How can I find out the final outcome of the property (i.e., How much it was sold for, final sale date, amount of deficiency ect.)

The court docket file is full of confusing and in some cases contradictory information. Would it be worth it to contact a real estate attorney to look into it? What is the normal fee for this kind of research?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!!

HomeGuru

You would contact FHA and the mortgage company.
You are right to hire an attorney. Cost should be around $800-$1000 and well worth it if you can clear up your credit etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">