• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure Error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clhayes

In December I received a Certified Letter from an attorney representing my mortgage company stating that my home(in Georgia) was being foreclosed on. I called the mortgage company an after having the phone hung up on me and all but cursed out , on the second attempt I found out they had made and error and "coded" my home for foreclosure. Because this happened around the holiday, they practically brushed me off and told me to wait until after the first of the year, assuring me that all would be well. I started receiving mail and phone calls from realtors trying to buy my home, also they placed the foreclosure notice in the paper, my friends saw it and others. Leaving me open to a lot of unnecessary pity and questions. Their attorney did put a retraction in the paper, but the mortgage company has yet to even acknowledge there mistake in writing, as a matter of fact my payment slip, still has me owing attorney fee. This has caused me so much stress and embrassment, not only for myself but also my children.......Please tell me can I sue for deffamation of character and the unnecessary stress they have put on me.
Thank You.
:(

HomeGuru

Just drop it unless you have incurred expenses such as legal fees etc. in connection with responding to the foreclosure letter, etc.
Then you can hire an attorney and sue for your costs.

C

clhayes

They did report it to the credit bureaus, and I will need to have this removed. I'm not sure if there will be any cost for that, but the cost of defaming someone should be high.:mad: email:

HomeGuru

The force tham to have the info removed from your credit report or write to the credit reporting agencies yourself to clear things up. Federal law allows you to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">