• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure on jointly owned home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

irishfox

loan officers always ask the question "have you ever been a cosigner on a property that has been foreclosed on?"

Can I say "no", if I filed bankruptcy to get my name off of the house and then the ex-spouse allowed it to go into foreclosure later?
Technically, I was not an owner when it was foreclosed on and had nothing to do with the foreclosure.

HomeGuru

irishfox said:
loan officers always ask the question "have you ever been a cosigner on a property that has been foreclosed on?"

**A: because the question requires an answer based on the FNMA 1003 loan application.

Can I say "no", if I filed bankruptcy to get my name off of the house and then the ex-spouse allowed it to go into foreclosure later?
Technically, I was not an owner when it was foreclosed on and had nothing to do with the foreclosure.

**A: if you were on the mortgage you must answer yes even if you were not on title at the time of the foreclosure.

Last edited:
I

irishfox

I filed bankruptsy chapter 7 which means I was not on the mortgage either

HomeGuru

irishfox said:
I filed bankruptsy chapter 7 which means I was not on the mortgage either
My response: filing 7 does not mean you were not on the mortgage. You do not have the correct facts. Hire an attorney to help you since there is severe consequences
for a fraudulent loan application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">