• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure Redeemed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tcogden1951

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I bought a house with a FHA loan, and lost the house within a year. What I was told would be my monthly payment, and what it really was, made the difference. Anyway, the house was sold at a Sheriff's auction a couple of months ago, and I have not heard anything else about the matter. However on my credit report, it states "Foreclosure Redeemed" for this account. I don't understand this, or what it means. Will I probably be sued for the balance of the loan, that was not met at the sale? Or am I pretty much done with this, except for being on my credit report forever? Does Indiana have an anti-deficiency law?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

tcogden1951 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana
I bought a house with a FHA loan, and lost the house within a year. What I was told would be my monthly payment, and what it really was, made the difference. Anyway, the house was sold at a Sheriff's auction a couple of months ago, and I have not heard anything else about the matter. However on my credit report, it states "Foreclosure Redeemed" for this account. I don't understand this, or what it means. Will I probably be sued for the balance of the loan, that was not met at the sale? Or am I pretty much done with this, except for being on my credit report forever? Does Indiana have an anti-deficiency law?
**A: contact the FHA office with the file/case # and ask them then post back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">