• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure and sheriff sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amccrod

What is the name of your state? OH

just bought a house that was almost going to a sheriff's sale. title transferred on friday but hasn't been cleared off the sheriff sale list. looked up the foreclosure case of the previous owners on the web and these were some of the docket entries:
5/9/02 - certification of delivery of notice of sheriff's sale
5/31/02 - case costed thru 05-09-02 for sheriff sale

does this mean that the sheriff's sale has been cancelled or what? what does "costed" mean? does the posting on 5/31 have anything to do with the title transferring? if anybody can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. if it will help i can send the link to the online case and you can check out all the entries and whatnot. thanks.

al

HomeGuru

amccrod said:
What is the name of your state? OH

just bought a house that was almost going to a sheriff's sale. title transferred on friday but hasn't been cleared off the sheriff sale list. looked up the foreclosure case of the previous owners on the web and these were some of the docket entries:
5/9/02 - certification of delivery of notice of sheriff's sale
5/31/02 - case costed thru 05-09-02 for sheriff sale

does this mean that the sheriff's sale has been cancelled or what? what does "costed" mean? does the posting on 5/31 have anything to do with the title transferring? if anybody can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. if it will help i can send the link to the online case and you can check out all the entries and whatnot. thanks.

al
**A: I don't know why you are so concerned with this. Forget about it. If you got free and clear title to the property, that is all that matters. Let the court clear it up on their own with the lender's attorney.

A

amccrod

you're right, but if you had to deal with the seller's incompetent real estate agent you would be concerned. he is a shady dude.

al

HomeGuru

amccrod said:
you're right, but if you had to deal with the seller's incompetent real estate agent you would be concerned. he is a shady dude.

al
**A: that's interesting because you never mentioned this in your initial posting. Where was your real estate agent or real estate attorney? Oh yeah, you didn't have one.

A

amccrod

relax. i had a real estate agent but wanted to get an opinion from this forum because i don't understand legalese (i.e. what the word "costed" means). instead i get your lame replies. awesome. so do you or don't you know what the word "costed" means?

T

tamwham2

hey buddy

leave homeguru alone......he answered your question.

you could look online for a legal d-i-c-t-i-o-n-a-r-y !

Last edited:

HomeGuru

amccrod said:
relax. i had a real estate agent but wanted to get an opinion from this forum because i don't understand legalese (i.e. what the word "costed" means). instead i get your lame replies. awesome. so do you or don't you know what the word "costed" means?
**A: I bot sum smokes an it costed me fi bucks.

T

tamwham2

Sometimes, you try to show appreciate to person, it backfires. I was wrong.

HomeGuru

tamwham2 said:
Sometimes, you try to show appreciate to person, it backfires. I was wrong.
**A: the word is appreciation and the proper sentence structure would be...you try to show appreciation to a person and it backfires.

T

tamwham2

I agree, sentence structure is so important. Image is also very important:

Lounge lizard
Ajunk professor
Lunch and nap time
Grouch potato ( I left the "e" off just for you )
Catatonic State? A place you prefer or the only state that will take you?
You may want to change your profile, it says a lot about you.
;)

Nyght76

what does "costed" mean?
Ironically, I ran across this thread trying to find the answer to the same question... :eek: Per my (unofficial) conversation w/ a representative of the local prosecutors office (Summit co, Ohio) the term "case costed" is used for showing all court and associated costs have been totaled and posted. In this case, these "case costed" posting is set for items associated w/in a date range.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">