• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

majwisconsin

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I recently have received a summons for foreclosure upon my house. I informed the bank which provided the mortgage that I would be late on my october payment but both October and November would be payed at the same time. I payed before the deadline in November then received a foreclosure summons 2 days after payment. Can they legally do this with out any prior contact or warning? Now I am being tagged with legal fees for their filling, can I avoid those fees? If not how long do I have to pay them?
Any help would be appreciated

HomeGuru

majwisconsin said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I recently have received a summons for foreclosure upon my house. I informed the bank which provided the mortgage that I would be late on my october payment but both October and November would be payed at the same time. I payed before the deadline in November then received a foreclosure summons 2 days after payment. Can they legally do this with out any prior contact or warning?

**A: yes, read your mortgage document.
Now I am being tagged with legal fees for their filling, can I avoid those fees?

**A: No. See above.
If not how long do I have to pay them?
Any help would be appreciated

**A: read the letter that the bank sent to you. Or call the bank and ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">