• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreign land investment 3 buyers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Investmentguy66

In 2008 my two fiends and I bought some land together (2.17 acres) in Nicaragua. They financially were capable of building before me and both built a small home on the top portion of the land. They recently asked to buy me out by purchasing a lot next to our lot which I would own by myself. I haven't payed property tax since we bought the land mainly due to not being involved or told what the price and when it was due. The lot they offered me was 31 percent less than what I own as a group(.5 acres). I declined the offer considering the size of the lot. I told them I would pay them all backed taxes and an hourly rate towards the time spent paying/tavel for taking care of the taxes for the past 7 years. Under the condition that they would increase my lot size to .725 acres (my original portion). They have voiced that they feel a .5 acre trade is fair considering I was out of the loop on property taxes. How do I navigate this situation? How do I get a quote on my original purchase value? What advice do you have for me regarding alternative options? I will answer any questions if you need more details. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Silverplum

In 2008 my two fiends and I bought some land together (2.17 acres). They financially were capable of building before me and both built a small home on the top portion of the land. They recently asked to buy me out by purchasing a lot next to our lot which I would own by myself. I haven't payed property tax since we bought the land mainly due to not being involved or told what the price and when it was due. The lot they offered me was 31 percent less than what I own as a group(.5 acres). I declined the offer considering the size of the lot. I told them I would pay them all backed taxes and an hourly rate towards the time spent paying/Tavel for taking care of the taxes for the past 7 years. Under the condition that they would increase my lot size to .725 acres (my original portion). How do I navigate this situation? How do I get a quote on my original purchase value? They don't seem to like my suggestion for a compromise, what advice do you have for me regarding alternative options? I will answer any questions if you need more details. Thanks a lot.
US law only. And don't do business with "fiends." :cool:

STEPHAN

This is a forum for US law. Nobody is familiar with Nicaragua.

Sorry, we will not be able to help you.

Maybe you find an english speaking lawyer in Nicaragua?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">