• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Babe

1) On the date of my closing I found out that my interest rates had changed. After making a few phone calls I realized that my loan officer had filled in the date on my float agreement to a latter date then what we had previously aggred on (as the lock date). As a result my intrest rate is higher.
2) I also just recently discovered that the loan officer also forged my signiture on the adjustable rate contract.
3) In addition to all that the mortgage company claims that she quit and know longer works for them. They aggreed to try and assist me in resolving this matter somehow, but a week latter I received a letter in the mail stating that my mortgage has been sold to another company.
What can I do?

L

LorettaL

Sounds messy. Typically mortgages are completely transferable between lenders with the only requirement being that the borrower be notified. However, it sounds like they MAY have transferred the mortgage to avoid resolving your complaints in which case your best bet is to talk to a lawyer who is experienced with real estate or banking law. I would talk to the first lender to find out what steps if any had they taken to resolve your problem and what if anything did they tell the second lender about your pending claims. there are lawyer listing at this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">