• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged Signature On Quitclaim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elena70

What is the name of your state? CA
I Found out that my ex-husband had my signature forged on a quitclaim deed, in order to sell the house we had during our marriage, which he did. What can i do?? could criminal charges can be filed against him?? and is the sale legal?? and if it is, can i still get the money from it?? thanks.

JETX

What can i do??
Depends largely on what you WANT to do.

could criminal charges can be filed against him??
Could they?? Yes, if the statute of limitations for forgery has not expired. However, your first step to this would be to contact the police.

and is the sale legal?? and if it is, can i still get the money from it??
Too many variables to answer either of those. A court could void the sale, but that would take a lawsuit and favorable ruling.
Any 'money' you might get would have to come from your ex as the buyers have no fault in this.

I suggest you take the proof of your claims to a local attorney who can review all the facts and advise you based on the answers you provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">