• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former owner trying to evict.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmihalcin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

This is a strange one. I received on my door on July 20th 2012 a notice from the former owner of my home saying that if I do not pay him $75.00 by July 31st he will go to the sheriff's office and obtain a 3-day eviction notice. However, I have a bill of sale. Signed by both me and him that states paid in full and is notarized. He is also stating that I will be responsible for his back rent and taxes (I paid the taxes but not his back rent since this is a trailer in a lot.) he has no lease agreement with me. I have a lease with the park manager. Should I worry about this?

dmihalcin

I also wanted to add that he is holding the title until I pay him per his letter. I have been here for 2 years and asked for the title numerous times. He ran to California for half a year making it impossible for me to obtain the title.

justalayman

I also wanted to add that he is holding the title until I pay him per his letter. I have been here for 2 years and asked for the title numerous times. He ran to California for half a year making it impossible for me to obtain the title.
holding "the" title"?

is this a trailer/manufactured home?

dmihalcin

Yes it is. It kinda stinks that he is holding the title for the home I purchased hostage until I give him his said money or he will evict me and everything else I mentioned above.

Banned_Princess

Yes it is. It kinda stinks that he is holding the title for the home I purchased hostage until I give him his said money or he will evict me and everything else I mentioned above.
If you are served anything from your civil court, definitely don't ignore it.

Better yet, call his bluff and sue him to get the title to the trailer.

dmihalcin

So basically let the date pass and see what happens first? From what I was told he could not even obtain any form of a eviction notice since I have no lease with him and I hold the bill of sale. Not sure if that's 100% true.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
just pay the $75 - it's the cheapest, easiest and most expedient manner in which to solve this "problem"

Banned_Princess

just pay the $75 - it's the cheapest, easiest and most expedient manner in which to solve this "problem"
I agree, just tell him you will pay the 75.00 but only with title in hand. several problems solved.

he can sue you whether or not he actually has any merit

dmihalcin

This is what I told my wife to do. However, she is refusing and I'm caught in the middle. I don't know. Thanks for the help everyone.

Banned_Princess

This is what I told my wife to do. However, she is refusing and I'm caught in the middle. I don't know. Thanks for the help everyone.
Please let me impress upon you, that he CAN sue you.

You will have to go to court to defend yourself, if you do not show up to defend yourself, you will lose, so don't ignore ANY court papers. You can ignore him and his hand written notices, but if you are served with a court complaint or date make sure you take you and your paperwork to court!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">