• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foundation problems in 6 year old new home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chaskeh

does a contractor/builder have any long term responsibility for a foundation that is only 6 years old that required jacking up and placing 22 concrete piers under it in order to level the entire house so that doors would open and close properly . I have been told that a foundation is automaticly warrenteed for a 10 year period.

T

Tracey

An automatic warranty would have to be created by state law. Where do you live? You'll probably have to retain a real estate attorney anyway.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaskeh:
does a contractor/builder have any long term responsibility for a foundation that is only 6 years old that required jacking up and placing 22 concrete piers under it in order to level the entire house so that doors would open and close properly . I have been told that a foundation is automaticly warrenteed for a 10 year period.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The statutes of limitations may be from the time of discovery of the defects and there may be implied and express warranties given by the builder. If the foundation was not designed properly you would have a claim against the architect/engineer. You need to hire a construction defect attorney. There is a homeowner group in San Antonio, Texas www.hobb.org that will be able to give you the specifics. Ask for my friend President Janet Ahmad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">