+ Reply to Thread
    chaskeh Guest

does a contractor/builder have any long term responsibility for a foundation that is only 6 years old that required jacking up and placing 22 concrete piers under it in order to level the entire house so that doors would open and close properly . I have been told that a foundation is automaticly warrenteed for a 10 year period.
    Tracey Guest

An automatic warranty would have to be created by state law. Where do you live? You'll probably have to retain a real estate attorney anyway.

------------------
    This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaskeh:
    does a contractor/builder have any long term responsibility for a foundation that is only 6 years old that required jacking up and placing 22 concrete piers under it in order to level the entire house so that doors would open and close properly . I have been told that a foundation is automaticly warrenteed for a 10 year period.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The statutes of limitations may be from the time of discovery of the defects and there may be implied and express warranties given by the builder. If the foundation was not designed properly you would have a claim against the architect/engineer. You need to hire a construction defect attorney. There is a homeowner group in San Antonio, Texas [url="http://www.hobb.org"]www.hobb.org[/url] that will be able to give you the specifics. Ask for my friend President Janet Ahmad.