• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

home buyer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I signed the paperwork for the house. Gave a check in the amount requested. The paperword was noterized and I was told everything was done and I would get the keys in a couple of day. It just needed to be recorded and loan amount transfered. Today I got a call saying from the realtor saying the escrow company made a mistake on the amount owed and I owe another $2,600 for fees that were not calculated in there. Is this legal? Can they take house away from me? What are my rights. Wasn't that a legal document and it can not be broken? Does this sound like fraud?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I signed the paperwork for the house. Gave a check in the amount requested. The paperword was noterized and I was told everything was done and I would get the keys in a couple of day. It just needed to be recorded and loan amount transfered. Today I got a call saying from the realtor saying the escrow company made a mistake on the amount owed and I owe another $2,600 for fees that were not calculated in there. Is this legal?

**A: yes it is legal. What is the $2600 amount for?

########
Can they take house away from me?
**A: yes if you do not pay as contractually agreed.

#######

What are my rights. Wasn't that a legal document and it can not be broken? Does this sound like fraud?

**A: go back to escrow and have them explain the HUD-1 and revised HUD-1 and specifically expain to you in writing the additional charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">