• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caputmedusa

I recently purchased a home which had passed a septic inspection. All major systems were disclosed to be in good working order by the seller at the time of purchase. Soon after occupying the house, a major plumbing blockage became evident involving tree roots and sewer pipes. It became evident upon my inspection of the pipes under the house that the problem must surely have been ongoing & known to the seller. It also appeared that some attempt had been made to hide the problem from a cursory examination by obscuring the view with insulation. Do I have any legal recourse for recovery of expenses incurred in repair &/or criminal charges?

JETX

I doubt you have any claim for criminal action, but it certainly sounds as if you may have a claim for civil damages. I suggest you start documenting your case (photos, etc.) and get estimates (to support damage claims) and consider filing a small claim action against the seller.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">