• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Deed Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chrissyliss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

I would like to know what i can do to recover a house which i purchased in my name in the state of Florida. It was fraudulently taken from me by an attorney who I was dating at the time. He forged my name and had a deed transfer notorized in the state of New Jersey. I believe the notary official works for his company as well as the "witnesses" who also signed the document. The forgery is very obvious as the whole document is written in one handwriting belonging the my ex. I can also prove that at the time of the notorization I was in the state of Rhode Island. I was in contact with a detective in NJ and we both submitted a complaint to the notary commission, however, after he became aware of my actions he threatened to "spend whatever it takes" to make sure I don't get anywhere with this. It was after this that the detective notified me that since the document was submitted in Fl it was out of her jurisdiction and she would no longer take the case. I believe he may have intervened with her investigation somehow and that the state of NJ can still find the document to be fraudulent even though it was only notarized in NJ while the rest I the fraud took place in Fl. The Florida state prosecutor's office has advise me that they will take the case if I can prove the notary fraud which took place in NJ. I can't afford a litigation attorney at this time but should be able to in 2 yrs as a am currently completing a pharmacy externship. Any advice would really help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">