• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Land?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abouttoloseit

What is the name of your state? Washington State

Can someone legally quitcaim a piece of property (land) for and in consideration of "love and affection"? Is that legal? If so, is that considered a gift and would have to pay gift taxes and capital gains taxes (when sold) :confused: on it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

abouttoloseit said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

Can someone legally quitcaim a piece of property (land) for and in consideration of "love and affection"? Is that legal? If so, is that considered a gift and would have to pay gift taxes and capital gains taxes (when sold) :confused: on it?

My response:

As long as it is specifically stated that such "love and affection" has nothing to do with "sexual favors", then it's just fine. Remember, "consideration" can be anything of "value" to the parties; e.g., a "cause", such as gratitude for the many years of "love and affection", or "money", or something tangible like an exchange of some sort, or something intangible, such as "love and affection".

IAAL

A

abouttoloseit

Hhhmmm

OK, well thank you for your responses...was hoping for something different, but I know you guys know how that goes - THANKS AGAIN! I appreciate all of your help! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">