• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frontage on an easement used as all public streets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancyred

Hello Home Guru,

Are you aware of any Massachusetts state law
that prevents one from having frontage on an easement? As you may recall I inquired earlier
as "easement appurtenant"
It states in my deed that the easement is to be
used as all public streets are used in the City of Woburn, Ma. , BUT, the commisioner (local)
said one CAN NOT have frontage on an easement!
I am still working on it!
What is your educated opinion ?

Thank-you again Home Guru for your time.

Nancyred

HomeGuru

You should be able to count the easement area as yard space ie. front yard setback for zoning and building purposes but in general you are not permitted to build in the easement area.
Since your particular case is getting complex, you need to hire an attorney that specializes in land use issues and one that has political connections.
This is not a state law problem but a local city, county, township etc. ordinance issue.

Last edited:
N

Nancyred

frontage on an easement

I DO NOT want to build on an easement.
The need is to establish where the frontage is...
so..we can put a shed up according to rear setback. Which is 4', side setback is 12'
If we can not conclude where the frontage is, then we can not conclude where the back yard is.
So, I just needed to know if "one" CAN HAVE
frontage on an easement.

Thank-you again for your time.

As of yet, I do not think I need a lawyer,I
just want to have all my facts sraight before
that need arises.
Knowledge is power.

nancyred

HomeGuru

Dear Lady in Red,
you are correct that knowledge is power. That is why it takes knowledge to know when you need to heed the advice from professionals as to when you need legal counsel.

B

bjjost

Dear Nancyred...

Don't you find HomeGuru to be condescending? In reading his/her responses to you, that's the feeling I picked up. Not to worry... he/she responded the same way to me. Talking about "knowledge is power"... the key word here, I believe is "power".

N

Nancyred

Dear Home Guru,

I thought you were a PROFESSIONAL ? !!!!
That is why I decided to seek your opinion,
but soooo far, I remain as knowledgeable
as before I sought your advice!
I just wanted to know if you were aware of such
a restriction.

Anyway Home Guru, may each of your days
be more knowledgeable than those that you
have left behind.

toot toot!

nancyred and the roadrunner.....................

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">