• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a lease for moving into my boyfriend's condo?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abarton3

Arlington, VA

Hello,

I will be moving in with my boyfriend in a few months. I'm not looking to be added to his mortgage (on his 1BD condo), but was wondering what legal contract we could draw up that would show I'm a resident of the condo. I would need something, like a lease, to provide for my renter's insurance, as well as to gain parking access for the building. If a lease is the best option, what are the first steps we should take in getting that set up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Arlington, VA

Hello,

I will be moving in with my boyfriend in a few months. I'm not looking to be added to his mortgage (on his 1BD condo), but was wondering what legal contract we could draw up that would show I'm a resident of the condo. I would need something, like a lease, to provide for my renter's insurance, as well as to gain parking access for the building. If a lease is the best option, what are the first steps we should take in getting that set up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Read this:
http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/HomelessnesstoHomeownership/PDFs/Landlord_Tenant_Handbook.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">