• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of a lease in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UrgeGirl

I signed a lease to begin on Aug. 1, 2000. I am unable to live there now. I found a replacement. The landlord said this was OK if all the other five tenants agreed. It was OK with everyone except one tenant now everyone else has changed their minds. The landlord said she need their signatures for me to sublease or be replaced. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks, Shannon

M

meee

Yes you can give your roomates 30 days Written notice to move, pay August rent, and if they find someone you should be reimbursed for some of the august rent..... They have a duty to advertise or pay your share come Sept 1st.

====================================

OTE]Originally posted by UrgeGirl:
I signed a lease to begin on Aug. 1, 2000. I am unable to live there now. I found a replacement. The landlord said this was OK if all the other five tenants agreed. It was OK with everyone except one tenant now everyone else has changed their minds. The landlord said she need their signatures for me to sublease or be replaced. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks, Shannon [/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">