• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandfather clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rapunzel33

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I purchased my home in 1997. The driveway that we have been using belongs to the property next to us. According to several people who have lived here for 50+ years, this has always been the driveway the owners have used. (We have pictures dating back). Is there any type of grandfather clause(or anything like it) in New Jersey that would allow us continued use?

HomeGuru

rapunzel33 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I purchased my home in 1997. The driveway that we have been using belongs to the property next to us. According to several people who have lived here for 50+ years, this has always been the driveway the owners have used. (We have pictures dating back). Is there any type of grandfather clause(or anything like it) in New Jersey that would allow us continued use?
**A: you can research prescriptive easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">