• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandfather clause and property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karjo2000

What is the name of your state? Florida
My parents built their home on property given to them. My father has died, my mother still lives there. A fence was put up around the house and they were told then that the grandfather clause would protect their home and property. Last week the neighbor surveyed his property and the stakes show his property goes through half of her bedroom. The neighbor lived there when my father built the house. Then neighbors mother in law who adopted my father when he was 10 years old gave my father the property and there is a deed. My mother has no money for an attorney. Is there anything she can do to keep her property. On her deed it states property is 100x100x100x100. Any information would be appreciated

HomeGuru

karjo2000 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
My parents built their home on property given to them. My father has died, my mother still lives there. A fence was put up around the house and they were told then that the grandfather clause would protect their home and property.

**A: no such thing as a grandfather clause or santa clause, for that matter with respect to this issue. Read the adverse possession laws.

Last week the neighbor surveyed his property and the stakes show his property goes through half of her bedroom. The neighbor lived there when my father built the house. Then neighbors mother in law who adopted my father when he was 10 years old gave my father the property and there is a deed. My mother has no money for an attorney. Is there anything she can do to keep her property. On her deed it states property is 100x100x100x100. Any information would be appreciated

**A: your mother needs to hire an attorney. Figure out the money part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">