• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother gone crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andisplayhouse

in 1978 my family moved into a house that had been owned by my dad's father. He had passed away several years before w/out a will. My mom and dad paid rent to my grandmother until about 1984 when my dad had his first heart attack. My grandmother said they did not have to pay anymore. Well my father died in 1996 and my mother still lives in the house. My grandmother has sent my mother a letter telling her that she is going to sell the house, or if it won't sell she is going to sell the house she currently lives in and move into the house my mother lives in. And if my mother likes she can live there w/my granmother. OK first of all, it is my understanding that my grandmother can not sell the house/land because it was owned by my grandfather and he did not have a will. So when he died everything he owned was split between my dad, my uncle, and my grandmother. Well my uncle and dad have both passed away, so their share was passed down to their wife and children. And she can not do anything w/out the consent of everyone of us. She has tried in the past to get all of us to sign a consent for her to sell the property, but only one person would sign. Now she's up to it again. I want to help my mother because I think this time my grandmother will really try to do something. What legal rights does my mother have to that house? She has lived there since 1978. Please help.

HomeGuru

You need to find out who owns the property by getting a title report.
Hire an attorney to review this report and advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">