• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship issue

• Thread starter bookmom_2000_46241
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bookmom_2000_46241

My daughter was left property in her name. Since we could not keep it up and we knew someone who needed a home we, my daughter and myself signed a contract with them to live in the home until their death or abandonment. Since that time they have divorced and one spouse has signed off the home. The other spouse has decided that I cannot sign on behalf of my daughter although she has lived with me since birth and I have sole custody of her. This is so the contract can be voided and spouse in home can sign it to someone else and sell the home.

T

Tracey

You have had lots of questions over the last few days! :) I think it's probably time to see an attorney. It sounds like the facts of your situation are complex. Sometimes one little fact changes the entire case, & here we can't ask you the questions we would need to ask to give good advice.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

B

bookmom_2000_46241

Thanks I realize that the case is very complex and I am currently waiting for our appointment. I felt that I could get a feel of what I was facing before I went before the lawyer. I truly appreciate the fact that everyone is so concerned and honest with me, although naturally everything is not what I want to hear, I did need to know what you feel is the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">