• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djm1951

I purchased this house over 4 years ago. I have inside dogs. When we let our dogs out to go to the bathroom and we are not outside with them the neighbor walks his fence, stares at our dogs or whatever he can do to get them to bark. When they start barking at him because they feel threatened he will yell at them to shut up. I know he does this because I have caught him in the act and confronted him and all he did was start yelling and cussing (using the F word) at me. Living in Ohio we are not allowed to get our dogs debarked. I have checked with my city government and Police department because I have 9 dogs all small breeds and they said that I am perfectly legal. The neighbor behind him has 2 outside dogs that bark all the time and doesn't say anything to them. Only me. Isn't this a form of harassment? What legal rights/action do I have or can I take to stop this? He has a very foul mouth which offends me and my wife. We do not use that type of language. Please help. Thank You.

------------------
Doug

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djm1951:
I purchased this house over 4 years ago. I have inside dogs. When we let our dogs out to go to the bathroom and we are not outside with them the neighbor walks his fence, stares at our dogs or whatever he can do to get them to bark. When they start barking at him because they feel threatened he will yell at them to shut up. I know he does this because I have caught him in the act and confronted him and all he did was start yelling and cussing (using the F word) at me. Living in Ohio we are not allowed to get our dogs debarked. I have checked with my city government and Police department because I have 9 dogs all small breeds and they said that I am perfectly legal. The neighbor behind him has 2 outside dogs that bark all the time and doesn't say anything to them. Only me. Isn't this a form of harassment? What legal rights/action do I have or can I take to stop this? He has a very foul mouth which offends me and my wife. We do not use that type of language. Please help. Thank You.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call the police, have a police report filed and keep the report number for reference. Do this each and every time your neighbor causes a problem. That way if you ever have to file criminal or civil action, the various a police reports will be your evidence as proof of your neighbors wrongdoings.

Z

Zerlo

Why only nine dogs? I personally feel that every good responcible neighber should have at least a dozen if not more yelping dogs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">