• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrasement with Eviction Notices When Rent Has Been Paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DrJim1940

Three times, the latest this week, the office of the apartment complex has had eviction notices delivered from the local magistrate's
office even though the rent check had been delivered and had cleared my bank by the time the notice was delivered. The right hand does not seem to know what the left is doing in the apartment complex office here. I should not have to go out of my way to go to the magistrate's office to prove my rent has already been paid when the faualt lies with the apartment office not keeping good records.

Do I have any legal recourse in this matter other, of course, than relocating? I am sick and tired of being treated this way and consider it a form of harrassment.

Please provide any helpful solutions for this problem. On the previous two occasions I spoke with the office manager, but it the problem persists. HELP!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrJim1940:
Three times, the latest this week, the office of the apartment complex has had eviction notices delivered from the local magistrate's
office even though the rent check had been delivered and had cleared my bank by the time the notice was delivered. The right hand does not seem to know what the left is doing in the apartment complex office here. I should not have to go out of my way to go to the magistrate's office to prove my rent has already been paid when the faualt lies with the apartment office not keeping good records.

Do I have any legal recourse in this matter other, of course, than relocating? I am sick and tired of being treated this way and consider it a form of harrassment.

Please provide any helpful solutions for this problem. On the previous two occasions I spoke with the office manager, but it the problem persists. HELP!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send them a certified letter explaining their problems, dispute each and every letter they sent and enclose copies of your cancelled checks. These errors are due to management, accounting housekeeping, ignoramous and other problems of theirs. No crime has been committed to take initiate legal action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">