• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health & Safety code lien on house-affect buyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dncr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I've read the Health and Safety code but I'm having trouble deciphering it. If you own a home and it goes into foreclosure and there is a health and safety violation that the city has to correct (I'm talking specifically about an abandoned swimming pool that is not secured--safety violation--and is allowed to go untreated--health hazard because of mosquitoes), they can put a lien on the home, correct? And whoever buys the home would have to pay the fines?

Thanks for your help!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I've read the Health and Safety code but I'm having trouble deciphering it. If you own a home and it goes into foreclosure and there is a health and safety violation that the city has to correct (I'm talking specifically about an abandoned swimming pool that is not secured--safety violation--and is allowed to go untreated--health hazard because of mosquitoes), they can put a lien on the home, correct? And whoever buys the home would have to pay the fines?

Thanks for your help!
**A: most likely yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">