• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linds

I am living in CA, want to know if a friend help with making just one payment to my mortgage, can she has the right later on to get claim to my house. I heard that it can be done, confuse, please advise.

HomeGuru

linds said:
I am living in CA, want to know if a friend help with making just one payment to my mortgage, can she has the right later on to get claim to my house. I heard that it can be done, confuse, please advise.
**A: you are correct.
Let's say your mortgage balance was $5000. If your friend made just one payment of $5000 to help you, that friend is entitled to a claim of paid in equity to your property.
Now, if your post relates to just making one monthy mortgage payment (which I think it does), then no, the claim would be far reaching. Unless, friend is aready on the mortgage or title to the property.
You are confused?
Your post was the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">