• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smartguy56

California - My Grandfather died in January, there was no will, so his estate is in probate now. The primary lender on one of his houses has agreed not to foreclose until after probate is settled, but the second lienholder already filed foreclosure and sold the house. I was told that this was illegal, that a house that has entered probate can't be foreclosed on until after probate is over. Now the person who the house was sold to is demanding that my mother "quit" or move out of the house. They filed a motion for summary judgement and we're only allowed to submit something in writing. Can you help me?:confused:

HomeGuru

smartguy56 said:
California - My Grandfather died in January, there was no will, so his estate is in probate now. The primary lender on one of his houses has agreed not to foreclose until after probate is settled, but the second lienholder already filed foreclosure and sold the house. I was told that this was illegal, that a house that has entered probate can't be foreclosed on until after probate is over. Now the person who the house was sold to is demanding that my mother "quit" or move out of the house. They filed a motion for summary judgement and we're only allowed to submit something in writing. Can you help me?:confused:
**A: duplicate post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">