• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hartis2

Dallas, GA

I have a home in Dallas GA that I left for my wife to keep a year ago. She abandoned the house and now it is condemned. There is still a mortgage balance on the home of $65,000 and it will more than likely be forclosed on because I can't afford to pay it. What are my options, and what will happen now?

We are not divorced, but I plan on filing by the end of this year when I can afford it.

One other bit of information...I now have my minor daughter because her mother did not take proper care of her...IE...living in animal poop and urine and she was often left alone because her mother would stay out all night. She is 16.

Last edited:

nextwife

If you are on the mortgage, you were still responsible for making certain the mortgage was paid, regardless of where you chose to live./ If STBX was irresponsible, you should have known she'd not pay. The better plan would have been to get a court order to sell, and get it sold. Can you get an order for possession, and rent it out, or request a mod to resucue it from foreclosure? The lender may work with you if you try to make it right.

Did you get an order for child support (regardless of whether she'll pay)? Do you have formal custody?

LdiJ

Dallas, GA

I have a home in Dallas GA that I left for my wife to keep a year ago. She abandoned the house and now it is condemned. There is still a mortgage balance on the home of $65,000 and it will more than likely be forclosed on because I can't afford to pay it. What are my options, and what will happen now?

We are not divorced, but I plan on filing by the end of this year when I can afford it.

One other bit of information...I now have my minor daughter because her mother did not take proper care of her...IE...living in animal poop and urine and she was often left alone because her mother would stay out all night. She is 16.
Dad, are you really trying to tell me that pet messes were only the responsibility of your 16 year old's mother to clean up? That your 16 year old was not responsible for cleaning also? Even home alone all night is not a huge issue with a 16 year old (although I wouldn't do it). Honestly dad in the overall scheme of things those issues are fairly minor.

glovenltd

you rare the resposible for this so you should pay the money as soon as posible.
because you are in a mortgage.
your Daughter are 16 year old the issue are unfair.
i think you can support the childcare

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">